Best Ripple XRP wallet 2019 list has been researched to the best of our ability!
Doing your own research on this topic is essential before choosing the best ripple XRP wallet in 2019.
Everyone including your nan has heard of Bitcoin or cryptocurrency by now. Their upward surge continues and will not be stopped.
As this popularity increases the anxiety over security for your invest increases also.
If you are going to invest your hard earned money into anything, you better make it safe!
What decides the best Ripple XRP wallet?
The best Ripple XRP wallet is going to be one that suits your needs best. Crypto wallets are either software or hardware based and they store your XRP.
These wallets store the vital information relating to your XRP. These include public and private keys for transactions and facilitate the interaction between blockchains globally. All of this allows for the transfer of XRP, sending or receiving as well as balance monitoring.
Basically if you want to use Ripple XRP Coin for transactions you will need an XRP wallet. If you are wanting simply to invest in crypto without a wallet you can use stock trading platforms such as eToro and Plus500.
How does a Ripple XRP wallet work?
I’m afraid the classic leather wallet and picture of the girlfriend will become a thing of the past. That is if it isn’t already.
The best Ripple XRP wallet does not hold currency at all. They simply hold the key that explains to your wallet your XRP balance.
Unless you tell someone this key or have it written down somewhere, this secure key cannot be hacked.
Altcoins like XRP and Bitcoin are not physical assets. However, that does not mean they cannot be transferred into regular money like dollars or pounds.
Main points on best Ripple XRP wallet
Before you go ahead with the best ripple XRP wallet there are some important considerations.
- Security – This surely is the first concern for XRP wallets. Investments must be secure at all times.
- Costings – Some best ripple XRP wallet may charge you a fee for transactions. They can also charge yearly/monthly so be aware.
- Ease of use – It’s great to have unbeatable security but can you access or use your coins simply?
- Usage – If you just want to invest in Ripple XRP you may be better off on a trading site like eToro or Plus500.
- Future – One day we pay for most things with XRP and altcoins. A physical wallet for this would be better, some already have RF implants! See Below…
- Type – There are different kinds of wallet available, so decide which one suits your needs best. You will find it all below!
Finding the best Ripple XRP Wallet
There are a variety of different Ripple wallets out there.
- Hardware – Hardware wallets store everything on a device similar to a USB storage ‘fob’. Although these wallets can transact online the keys are stored offline increasing the security factor. Compatible with several web interfaces they can support multiple digital currencies. These devices are also easy to make transactions, users simply attach their wallet to an internet ready device and off they go.
- Software – These wallets are exactly what they say, software-based, uploadable to devices such as Desktops, tablets etc. This type has many of the security features on hardware wallets with one major difference. These wallets are usually connected to the internet and as such, susceptible to hacker attack. If you wish to use a software wallet it must be noted that choosing the right one is imperative.
- Trading Platforms – Major trading platforms such as eToro or Plus500 are a major consideration if you are simply wishing to invest in cryptocurrency. They hold your crypto coins for you in their servers. They are insured for the unlikely event of a website or database hack. This means your investment is safe the only issue is that you cannot spend XRP as yet on these platforms.
Best Ripple XRP Wallet – Hardware
This form of data storage is still very new and stinks of new world order! But perhaps this could become the best Ripple XRP wallet out there.
Although some companies have started to offer RF chips we suggest researching heavily before you go for it. At XCN we personally know a number of individuals who have opted for this approach. Apparently, the procedure is not painful and it really does work.
The best hardware wallet on the market today according to us and pretty much anyone else. Investments are kept securely via personal pin code and an encrypted microchip. These devices are extremely secure due to the two-step security log in feature. Transactions are performed by the press of a button on the device itself. This means that even if your computer is infected with a virus your crypto is still safe.
Trezor is one of the original Ripple XRP hardware wallets and is only slightly more expensive than the Nano S. Similar to the Nano S this wallet has a two-step security feature plus the added security of keeping it offline. The Trezor requests a unique digital signature whenever you attempt to make a transaction. The validation of this key is made with a physical push of a button on the device itself.
There isn’t a great deal to set the KeepKey wallet apart from the Nano S or the Trezor, the reason we rate it the lowest out of the three is the size of the unit – over double the size of the Nano S. That’s as well as the slightly higher price tag set the KeepKey apart. The security features are essentially the same as the other two. After the products we have tried ourselves the tech and security are pretty much nailed. What it boils down to for us, is how small and light you want it to be. The price is not really an issue when you’re trying to find the best ripple xrp wallet in 2019!
Best Ripple XRP Wallet – Software
Exodus is an online wallet which is free to set up and use. Many major cryptocurrencies can be stored on this wallet. One of the great features that really appealed to us was the built-in exchange. This allows for the quick and easy exchange of one cryptocurrency into another. It is important to add that this wallet is not yet available as a mobile app or wallet.
Jaxx wallet is available on both desktop and mobile platforms. And yes both Android and ioS are supported. This wallet is proving very popular and it is free to set up. It supports many types of cryptocurrencies and just like Exodus, it has an online crypto exchange. This one we love because you can use it on all platforms and it is easy to use. When you want the best ripple XRP wallet in software terms, we suggest this one.
Founded in 2014 and currently has millions of users. Coinomi is another great wallet that incorporates both desktop and mobile, ioS and Android. We felt it had great usability and ease of use if you are a beginner. Coinomi state ‘has never had a customer who has been hacked of their investments compromised’. When you have over a million users all saying this is the best ripple XRP wallet in 2019 who are we to argue with them!
Finally for the conspiracy theorists check out this video –
Thanks for reading, we hope it helps please do share for newcomers 🙂
For further reading surrounding this subject check out our guide to buying XRP Coin